- A bug ticket is submitted and assigned
- The bug is fixed and marked 'resolved'
- The ticket is returned to the original submitter to be verified
There are cases, however, when you need an extra level of verification.
For instance, if it's a very complicated problem that requires a lot of testing, you may want a member of your Quality Assurance team to check the resolution first.
As of this week's release, PMRobot now supports this workflow in two ways:
- A project can have a "default verifier" who will be required to verify tickets first, before they are returned to the original submitter
- Individual tickets can set the "verifier" field to require two-step verification for just that ticket
The new workflow looks like this:
This new workflow is very powerful, but completely optional. If you don't set a verifier, everything will work exactly as it always has.
If you'd like to learn more, check out the full tutorial at:
And if you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us here.